vb.net - Visual Basic username password error -


i creating vb app mailing system send cv through mail .when create check box save email , password give me error username , password error in code username not member of window application

    if email.checked = true         my.settings.username = usernamebox.text         my.settings.save()         my.settings.reload()     end if     if pass.checked = true         my.settings.password = passwordbox.text         my.settings.save()         my.settings.reload()     end if end sub  private sub form1_load(byval sender system.object, byval e system.eventargs)     handles mybase.load     usernamebox.text = my.settings.username     passwordbox.text = my.settings.password end sub private sub clear_click(byval sender system.object, byval e  system.eventargs)     handles clear.click     my.settings.password = passwordbox.text     my.settings.reset()     my.settings.reload()     my.settings.username = usernamebox.text     my.settings.reset()     my.settings.reload()     usernamebox.text = nothing     passwordbox.text = nothing end sub 

in code my.settings.username giving me error , my.settings.password , please guide me how add bcc(blind carbon copy ) function in vb app....

from screenshot, looks haven't set application's settings.

project settings can set navigating project properties > settings:

enter image description here

when has been done, can referenced , modified using my.settings.[setting], , saving them my.settings.save(), per se:

my.settings.username = "foo" my.settings.password = "bar" my.settings.save() 

you can add my.settings property want, must ensure choose correct type data.


another question answered may aid in respect, quote:

a user setting creates new settings each user account application run under, application setting makes settings global , affects regardless of privileges hold in system.

there differences how settings saved:

application: saves in [project name].config file

user: saves in <c:\documents>\<username>\[localsettings\]applicationdata\<companyname>\<appdomainname>_<eid>_<hash>\<version>

you can see more here on settings saved.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

angularjs - ADAL JS Angular- WebAPI add a new role claim to the token -

php - CakePHP HttpSockets send array of paramms -

node.js - Using Node without global install -